1 lb ground pork (1 lb pork minced by meat cleaver by hand, or buy high-quality ground pork from Trader Joe's)
Lots of water
Lots of salt
1 dallop of oyster sauce
1 tsp. organic ginger (whole with skin on)
4 cloves of garlic
2 sprigs of green onion
1 tsp. soy sauce
3-4 tsp. sesame oil + olive oil (more sesame oil)
1.5 stalks celery (optional for meat+veggie dumpling)
- Defrost ground pork in mixing bowl. Do not drain meat water.
- Add water and mix the pork with the water. Add some salt while mixing to boost flavor of pork. Continue adding water until the pork “batter” is relatively smooth and all salt has been added in.
- Crack and add 1 egg into pork, and blend with chopsticks.
- Add dallop of oyster sauce. Blend with chopsticks.
- Mince organic ginger, garlic, green onion, and add to pork. Blend with chopsticks. Make sure the ingredients are well minced, because otherwise it will tear the dumpling skin. Crack the garlic, wrapped in a wet rag, with the flat side of a meat cleaver to remove the garlic skin.
- Add sesame oil and olive oil to pork. Blend with chopsticks.
- Mince the celery and remove the strands from the flesh for taste.
- To test the taste of the mixture, take a tiny amount of filling, put it on a plate, and microwave 15 seconds on top/bottom and then eat. Add in additional salt or spices as needed.